November is a super time to think about family history. The holiday season means families will get together. Some families members haven’t seen each other in a long time. It will be a time for sharing favorite family stories, remembering those who have gone on, and celebrating new members of the family.
What better time to focus on putting together a family tree. Your kids can share it with all the family at your family’s Thanksgiving dinner.
I am going to give you a few links to help you get started and hopefully give you ideas.
- This site offers a free lapbook and video for making a family tree.
- Mila’s Daydreams has ideas for making unique family trees.
- Family Tree Kids has great ideas and activities to make designing a family tree totally fun.
- DLTK offers printable templates
- Genealogy for Kids has free, printable forms to help organize your genealogy records. Made especially for kids.
Post a Comment